Gnocchi are little pasta dumplings made from potatoes. Serve with any sauce (tomato, Alfredo, pesto) or a mixture of melted butter and dry bread crumbs.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 large potato (about 1 lb.), baked
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- Scoop the cooked potato flesh out of the skin and put it through a potato ricer or food mill (or just mash it with a fork or potato masher).
- In a bowl, lightly toss the flour and salt with the riced potatoes.
- Make a well in the center of the potato mixture and put the egg in it. Gradually incorporate the potato mixture into the egg to make a dough that comes together. Roll dough into 1-inch-thick logs, and cut 1-inch pieces off the logs.
- Heat a large pot of water over high-heat to boiling. Boil gnocchi for 5-10 minutes.