Goat Cheese and Sun-Dried Tomato Panini
What’s for lunch? How about a warm, panini oozing with melted cheese? Try this variation for a delicious sandwich that really hits the spot.
Serves: 4Prep: 10 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 tablespoon Simple Truth Organic™ Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 8 slices thick sourdough bread
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomatoes (oil-packed), julienned, well drained
- 3⁄4 cup fresh Simple Truth Organic™ Basil, chopped
- 4 ounces sliced prosciutto
- Brush one side of each bread slice with oil. Turn bread over. Spread goat cheese over half of the slices. Season with pepper. Add tomatoes and basil. Lay prosciutto over tomatoes and top with remaining bread slices.
- Heat a large grill pan or panini press over medium-high heat. Add sandwiches, working in batches, if necessary. Cover with a small skillet, weighting skillet down with a can or tea kettle.
- Cook until sandwich is golden brown, about 3 minutes. Turn sandwich over and weigh down again. Cook until golden brown and crispy, about 2 to 3 minutes longer.
- Transfer sandwiches to cutting board. Cut in half. Serve immediately.