Goat Cheese and Caramelized Onion Tartlets
Wow your guests with these easy and cheesy hors d’oeuvres!
Serves: 24Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large sweet onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 8 oz. goat cheese
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme, minced
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and salt. Sauté, stirring frequently, until dark brown, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and cool completely. Chop half the onions finely and set aside.
- While onions are cooling, cut puff pastry into 24 squares. Fit the pastry squares into the cups of mini-muffin tins, stretching the dough when necessary to completely line the cups. Set aside.
- Combine goat cheese, thyme, and pepper in a mixing bowl and mix until smooth. Fold in the chopped onions and mix to combine. Divide the cheese mixture between the puff pastry cups. Top each cup with a small spoonful of the remaining caramelized onions. Bake for 20 minutes, or until the puff pastry is golden brown. Remove from the oven and cool slightly before serving.