Goat Cheese-Stuffed Mushrooms
Beautiful button mushrooms get all jazzed up with creamy goat cheese on top. Tasty, tempting, and packed with natural ingredients, this guilt-free side dish pairs perfectly with any pasta entrée.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 12 large white mushrooms
- 1⁄2 small zucchini, trimmed and minced
- 1⁄2 medium red bell pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. water
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Clean the mushrooms with a dry paper towel; remove and reserve stems. Mince the mushroom stems.
- Prepare a skillet with olive oil spray and place it over medium heat. Add the zucchini and red pepper and sauté for about 2 to 3 minutes. Add mushroom stems and garlic powder and continue to sauté until all vegetables are tender, about 4–5 minutes. Add water to skillet as needed to prevent sticking and promote steaming. Remove sautéed vegetables from heat and stuff mushroom caps full with the mixture.
- Place stuffed mushrooms on a baking sheet and top with goat cheese. Bake for 20 minutes.