Goji Berry Bars
This snack is the perfect answer to food cravings. They are a solid source of protein, carbs, and fats and will sustain your energy levels for many hours. Sunflower seeds are a good substitution for the oats. Good substitutions for the honey include 1⁄4 cup agave nectar or 1⁄4 cup maple syrup.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup goji berries
- 1 cup dried figs
- 1⁄4 cup raisins or currants
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄4 cup liquid coconut oil
- 1⁄4 cup almond butter
- 4 Tbsp. raw honey
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. ground cinnamon
- Soak the goji berries, figs, raisins, and oats in water for 20 minutes to reconstitute.
- Remove the stems from the figs. Warm the coconut oil to a liquid by placing the container in a bowl of warm water for a few minutes.
- Process all the ingredients together in a food processor until well mixed.
- Form the batter into a large square, then cut into rectangles. Refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour to help the coconut oil solidify. Alternatively, dehydrate the bars for 12 hours at 115°F.