Golden Cooked Salad Dressing
This gorgeous salad dressing can be substituted for Caesar dressing or used in a salad with fruit and greens.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ½ tsp. dry mustard
- ½ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground white pepper
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup white wine vinegar
- ½ cup water
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- In a small bowl, combine sugar, mustard, salt, pepper, and flour; mix well. Add egg; beat until well blended.
- In a small saucepan, combine vinegar, water, and butter; heat over medium heat until mixture simmers. Remove from heat and gradually beat in the egg mixture.
- Return saucepan to the heat; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly with wire whisk, until dressing is smooth and thick, about 3 to 4 minutes. Cover and chill. Store covered, in refrigerator, up to 1 week.