Golden Corn Fritters
Save to My Recipes
Fritters are really fun to make and to eat. They can be as plain or as interesting as you want. The idea is to make them really creamy on the inside and golden on the outside.
Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 30 minutes
- 1 large egg
- 1½ cups gluten-free beer
- 1½ cups almond milk
- ⅔ cup cornstarch
- 1½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. red pepper flakes
- ⅛ tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 cup corn kernels, cut off the cob or frozen
- 2 cups peanut oil
- Starting with the egg, beer, and milk, place everything but the corn and oil in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Scrape the mixture into a large bowl and fold in the corn.
- Heat oil to 350°F in a deep pot over high heat.
- Drop the fritters by the tablespoonful into the hot oil. Fry until golden, about 5–7 minutes. Drain on paper towels and serve hot.