This condiment (24 to 1 ratio seeds to salt) is the perfect balance of oil and minerals. Gomashio can also be made with black sesame seeds.
Serves: 16Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- ½ cup tan sesame seeds, rinsed
- Heat skillet over medium heat. Roast salt for 2 minutes.
- Pour salt into suribachi. Grind salt into powder.
- Roast sesame seeds until you can break them between the thumb and weakest finger on the weakest hand by rolling.
- Pour seeds into suribachi. Grind salt and seeds together until they are 80 percent ground.
- Allow to cool and store in a covered jar.