Good Morning Breakfast Casserole
This hearty casserole combines hash brown potatoes, eggs, onions, cheese and MorningStar Farms® Original Sausage Patties. Serve it for a casual brunch or easy supper.
Serves: 9Prep: 10 minutesCook: 55 minutesTotal: 1 hour 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 6 MorningStar Farms® Original Sausage Patties
- 1 package (20 oz.) refrigerated shredded hash brown potatoes (about 3 1/2 cups)
- 1 1⁄4 cups (5 oz.) shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onions, divided
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Place sausage patties on microwave-safe plate. Microwave at high about 1 minute or until thawed. Cut patties into quarters. Set aside.
- In an 8”x8”x2” baking dish coated with cooking spray, arrange half of the potatoes. Top with sausage patty pieces, ¾ cup of the cheese and ⅓ cup of the onions. Arrange remaining potatoes on top. Top with the remaining cheese and the remaining onions.
- In a medium bowl, lightly beat together eggs, milk, salt, garlic powder and pepper. Pour over mixture in baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350°F for 45-55 minutes, or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes. Cut into squares to serve.