Good-for-You Blueberry French Toast
Add 1⁄4 cup of some fat-free ice cream to each serving to make French toast à la mode.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 12 slices whole-wheat bread
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups fat-free Egg Beaters
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Arrange 6 slices of bread in the bottom of a baking dish.
- Whisk the milk, Egg Beaters, ground cinnamon, and vanilla in a bowl. Pour half of the milk mixture over the bread, then top with the remaining bread slices and pour leftover milk mixture atop this.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes. Uncover the dish and bake 5 minutes until the top is golden brown.
- Serve French toast with blueberries and maple syrup.