This is as good as it gets! The cheese melts inside and on the burger to make a delicious treat.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄2 lbs. 85% lean ground beef
- 1 1⁄2 cups crumbled Gorgonzola cheese, divided
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 leaves red leaf lettuce
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
- Add the beef, 1⁄2 cup cheese, pepper, salt, and oregano to a mixing bowl. Gently work the ingredients into the beef and form into 4 patties.
- Heat grill to medium and cook burgers on one side for 5 minutes. Flip the burgers and top each burger with 1⁄4 cup of the remaining cheese. Turn the grill to low, cover and cook about 6 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the burgers are cooked through.
- Serve on buns with lettuce and tomato.