Gorgonzola Cream Sauce
Point Reyes Original Blue, Buttermilk Blue, Maytag Blue, or a crumbly Roquefort will all deliver delicious results in this sauce.
Serves: 24Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- ¼ cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Melt butter in a medium, heavy saucepan over low heat.
- Slowly sprinkle in flour and stir continuously over medium heat until butter and flour form a roux. Add the milk slowly, stirring after each addition to prevent lumps from forming. Then turn heat back to low and stir frequently until the mixture is as thick as cream.
- Remove sauce from heat and stir in cheese. Season with salt.