Gourmet Blend Mushroom Omelet
A mix of cremini, shiitake and oyster mushrooms adds delicious, earthy flavor to this simple yet filling omelet. It’s a gourmet breakfast that’s easy enough to make on a busy weekday morning!
Serves: 1Prep: 5 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 package (2 oz.) PRIVATE SELECTION™ Gourmet Blend Mushrooms
- 1⁄2 teaspoon PRIVATE SELECTION™ Herbes de Provence
- Freshly ground pepper
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Chopped, fresh chives (optional)
- In 8” nonstick skillet over medium heat, warm oil.
- Season mushrooms with herbes de Provence, salt and pepper. Sauté until mushrooms are tender, 3-4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk eggs, seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Transfer mushrooms to plate; keep warm. Wipe skillet clean.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Melt butter in skillet. Pour in eggs. Lightly shake skillet, stirring gently with spatula until eggs just begin to cook. Remove from heat. Scatter mushrooms over eggs; cover with lid 1-2 minutes while eggs finish cooking (safe internal temperature 160°F).
- Using spatula, loosen eggs from skillet. Roll into cylinder; transfer to plate. To serve, garnish with chives, if desired. Refrigerate any leftovers.