Gourmet Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Cheese is an excellent source of protein and itʼs inexpensive too. Combine your favorite types to make this spread that will keep in the fridge up to 4 days.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded sharp white Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup shredded white American cheese
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1⁄2 tsp. dried basil leaves
- 16 slices white sandwich bread
- 8 Tbsp. butter
- In medium bowl, combine ricotta cheese with Cheddar cheese and mix well. Add remaining ingredients and mix until blended.
- Spread about 3 tablespoons of the spread between two slices of bread. Butter the outsides of the bread, then grill, either on a skillet over medium heat until the bread is toasted and cheese melts.