Gourmet Movie Snack Popcorn
This sweet-and-salty concoction is perfect to enjoy next to a crackling fireplace while watching a movie, or just spending time with friends and family!
- 1 bag (11.5 oz.) MILKY WAY® Minis
- 6 ounces popcorn (air-popped or microwaved)
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 bag (11.5 oz.) Snickers® Minis
- 1 bag (11.5 oz.) Twix® Minis
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- Chocolate drizzle, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 250°F.
- Pop the popcorn and put in a bowl. Set aside to cool.
- Chop the chocolate candies into small pieces.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt 1 cup of butter, then stir in the brown sugar and the corn syrup.
- Bring mixture to a boil for 3-5 minutes (don’t burn it!).
- Remove the saucepan from heat, and pour the mixture evenly over the popcorn.
- Line two or three baking sheets with parchment paper and distribute an even layer of popcorn across each sheet.
- Bake in 15-minute intervals for 1 hour. Gently mix the popcorn every 15 minutes on the sheet.
- Once the popcorn is done baking, let it cool.
- Break the popcorn into pieces and mix in chopped candies to taste. You can also drizzle melted white chocolate or milk chocolate over the top.
- Store in an air-tight container at room temperature.