Gourmet Pigs in a Duvet
Take a party favorite and make it into an entrée!
Serves: 4Prep: 15 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 Simple Truth Organic™ Brown Large Egg, whites only
- 1 8-count package refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1⁄4 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Yellow Mustard
- 4 Simple Truth™ Turkey Sausage Links
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place breadcrumbs on a plate and set aside. Beat egg whites lightly and pour onto a separate plate.
- Unroll dough. Working with 2 portions at a time, pinch perforations to seal. On a work surface sprinkled with a little flour, roll dough into a rectangle.
- Spread a little mustard over rectangle of dough. Place 1 sausage on rectangle so that the sausage extends a little bit over the edge and sprinkle with cheese. Wrap dough around sausage, sealing where the edges meet. Repeat procedure with remaining dough, mustard, cheese and sausages.
- Roll each sausage in egg whites, then roll in breadcrumbs. Place sausages on baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake until golden brown, about 20 minutes.