Gourmet Pigs in a Blanket
Make this smoky and sophisticated version of pigs in a blanket, guaranteed to make anyone go hog wild.
Serves: 4Prep: 35 minutesCook: 25 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 1 package (14 oz.) smoked sausage, cut into 10 2” pieces
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 sheet crescent rolls
- Private Selection™ Poppy Seeds
- Private Selection™ Mustard, optional
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 400°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In small bowl, beat egg with water. Set aside.
- With short side of puff pastry facing you, lightly roll into 10”x12” rectangle. Cut into 5, 2”wide strips; halve each strip to make 10, 2” wide strips. Brush with half egg wash.
- Set sausage piece at top of strip, then roll. Place on baking sheet seam-side down. Repeat with remaining sausage and strips. Brush rolls with remaining egg wash; sprinkle with poppy seeds. (Rolls may be assembled and refrigerated up to 2 hours in advance.)
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until inside reaches safe internal temperature of 165°F.
- Serve with desired condiments. Refrigerate any leftovers.