Gow Gees with Ground Turkey
These dumplings taste delicious served with hot mustard.
Serves: 15Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. plus 2 tsp. soy sauce, divided
- 2 tsp. rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. plus 1 tsp. minced ginger, divided
- 1 1⁄8 tsp. sesame oil, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked ground turkey
- 1 1⁄2 Tbsp. oyster sauce
- 3⁄4 tsp. sugar
- 1 1⁄2 green onions, minced
- 4 cups vegetable oil
- 1 package round wonton wrappers
- For the dipping sauce, combine 2 tablespoons soy sauce, rice vinegar, 1 teaspoon ginger, and 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil in a small bowl. Set aside.
- To make the gow gees, combine the ground turkey, oyster sauce, sugar, the remaining 2 teaspoons soy sauce, remaining 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil, green onions, and remaining 1 tablespoon ginger in a large bowl.
- Add the oil to a preheated wok and heat to 375°F. Wrap the gow gees while waiting for the oil to heat: Place 1 teaspoon of filling in the middle of the wrapper. Wet the edges of the wrapper, fold over the filling, and seal, crimping the edges. Continue with the remainder of the wontons. Cover the completed wontons with a damp towel to prevent drying.
- Carefully slide the gow gees into the wok, a few at a time. Deep-fry until they turn golden (about 2 minutes). Remove them with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.