Grain-Free Apple Spice Cupcakes
These down-to-earth cupcakes are perfect for an on-the-go breakfast or a 3 P.M. pick-me-up.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 cups blanched almond flour
- 3⁄4 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground cardamom
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground cloves
- 3 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 Tbsp. honey, divided
- 1⁄2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. plus 1⁄2 tsp. vanilla extract, divided
- 4 Tbsp. coconut butter
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a muffin pan with paper liners and grease with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Whisk the almond flour, coconut palm sugar, baking soda, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cardamom, and cloves in a large bowl and set aside. In another bowl, mix the eggs, applesauce, oil, 2 tablespoons honey, vinegar, and 1 tablespoon vanilla. Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until you have a thick batter. Do not overmix.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin pans until they are at least three-quarters full.
- Bake for 18 to 25 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Let cupcakes cool on a wire rack.
- Blend coconut butter, 2 tablespoons honey, and 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla in a medium bowl and whisk thoroughly until light and fluffy. Frost cupcakes.