Grain-Free “Buttermilk” Biscuits
Enjoy these flaky, grain-free mock-buttermilk biscuits with butter and jam, honey, or sorghum syrup.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 3⁄4 cups blanched almond flour, divided
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. baking soda
- 3 Tbsp. softened butter
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 2 Tbsp. almond milk
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 2 1⁄2 cups almond flour, salt, and baking soda. Cut in the butter with a pastry blender or a knife and fork until the mixture resembles small peas.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and stir in honey, almond milk, vinegar, and eggs until you have a thick dough.
- Tip the dough out onto a work surface dusted with almond flour. Using a rolling pin dusted with almond flour, roll dough out into a circle 1-inch thick. With a biscuit cutter, cut dough into rounds. Place about 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until biscuits are golden-brown. Cool for several minutes and serve warm.