Grain-Free Holiday Stuffing
For this grain-free holiday stuffing, you first make a mock corn bread, cut it into cubes and toss with seasoned and sautéed onion and celery. Drizzle with chicken broth and bake until the top is golden.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1½ cups blanched almond flour
- ⅓ cup arrowroot starch
- ⅓ cup plus 1 Tbsp. coconut flour
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¾ cup almond milk
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 3 large eggs
- 3 Tbsp. honey
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. poultry seasoning
- 2½ cups gluten-free chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8" × 8" baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, arrowroot starch, coconut flour, baking soda, and salt. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add milk, melted butter, eggs, and honey. Gently stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients until you have a thick batter. Pour batter into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 20–25 minutes until golden-brown and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool completely. Cut into ½" cubes and place in a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, grease a large baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add onions and celery and sauté for 5–6 minutes until onions are translucent. Stir in salt, pepper, and poultry seasoning. Pour mixture over bread cubes in bowl and gently toss well.
- Pour stuffing into baking dish. Slowly pour chicken broth over bread mixture.
- Bake stuffing uncovered for 40–45 minutes, until stuffing is a deep golden-brown on top.