Grain-Free Holiday Stuffing
For this grain-free holiday stuffing, you first make a mock corn bread, cut it into cubes and toss with seasoned and sautéed onion and celery. Drizzle with chicken broth and bake until the top is golden.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1⁄3 cup arrowroot starch
- 1⁄3 cup plus 1 Tbsp. coconut flour
- 1⁄2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. salt, divided
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, divided
- 3⁄4 cup almond milk
- 3 large eggs
- 3 Tbsp. honey
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. poultry seasoning
- 2 1⁄2 cups gluten-free chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8-by-8-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, arrowroot starch, coconut flour, baking soda, and 1⁄2 teaspoon salt. Melt 1⁄4 cup butter in a small bowl. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add melted butter, almond milk, eggs, and honey. Gently stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients until you have a thick batter. Pour batter into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until golden-brown and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool completely. Cut into 1⁄2-inch cubes and place in a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, grease a large baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt remaining 1⁄4 cup butter. Add onions and celery and sauté for 5 to 6 minutes until onions are translucent. Stir in 1 teaspoon salt, pepper, and poultry seasoning. Pour mixture over bread cubes in bowl and gently toss well.
- Pour stuffing into baking dish. Slowly pour chicken broth over bread mixture.
- Bake stuffing uncovered for 40 to 45 minutes, until stuffing is a deep golden-brown on top.