Grand Marnier Biscotti
Makes: 30 cookiesHands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 20 minutesDifficulty: Medium
Makes: 30 cookies
- 1⅔ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp. Grand Marnier liqueur
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp. grated orange zest
- ¾ cup sugar
- ⅔ cup chopped blanched almonds
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- In a bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside. In another bowl, combine the eggs, liqueur, vanilla, orange zest, and sugar. Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture, stirring just to mix. Add the nuts and mix just until incorporated.
- Divide the dough in half. On a floured surface, form each half into a 12"-long log and place on the prepared sheet. Allow 3" between the logs.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until lightly browned. Transfer the pan to a cooling rack and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the logs on the diagonal into ¾"-thick slices. Place the biscotti on their cut sides on the baking sheet. Bake for 8 minutes. Turn and bake on the seamed side for 8 minutes more, until lightly browned and dry. Cool on a rack.