Grande Ganache Cupcakes
Ganache belongs not just to the pages of gourmet magazines and ultra-complicated cookbooks. Home cooks can create the taste, too, and with fairly simple ingredients.
Serves: 24Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 package (18.25 oz.) chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 package (12 oz.) bittersweet chocolate pieces
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line a muffin tin with paper baking cups.
- Combine cake mix, buttermilk, oil, and eggs in a large mixing bowl and beat using an electric mixer set to low speed until a smooth batter forms. Fill baking cups halfway.
- Bake about 15 minutes or until tops are golden. Allow cupcakes to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, to make the ganache, bring whipping cream to a boil in a saucepan over medium heat. Remove pan from heat and add chocolate without stirring.
- Allow chocolate to melt into cream for 5 minutes. Stir until smooth. Allow to cool for 15 minutes before using to frost cupcakes.