This crunchy oat cereal is delicious with milk or yogurt, or by itself. Any dried fruit may be mixed in, and various nuts and seeds can be combined to create your own signature mix.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- ¾ cup chopped almonds
- 1 Tbsp. grated orange zest
- ⅛ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 8 Tbsp. butter, melted
- ½ cup raw sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- ¼ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Toss oats, almonds, orange zest, nutmeg, cinnamon, vanilla, maple syrup, and melted butter together in a big bowl. Spread the mixture onto an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes, uncovered.
- Stir, add sunflower and sesame seeds, and stir again. Bake for 15 minutes more.
- Stir, add coconut, and stir again. Bake 10 minutes more.
- Remove from oven, and set aside until pan is cool. Then break up large chunks with your hands.