Grape and Kale Salad
Massaged kale creates a tender and nutritious base for crisp grapes and creamy dressing.
Serves: 6Prep: 25 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Kroger® Dijon Mustard
- 1⁄2 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 cups kale, ribs removed, chopped into thin strips (about 2 bunches)
- 1 cup grapes, cut in half or quarters depending on size
- 1⁄2 cup crispy bacon pieces
- 1⁄2 cup toasted pecan pieces
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, thin sliced, soaked in water for 10 minutes and rinsed
- In a bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, mayonnaise, mustard, honey, salt and pepper.
- Place kale in a large bowl. Add 4 tablespoons of the dressing mixture. Using clean hands, massage the dressing into the kale until the volume decreases by about half.
- Add grapes, bacon, pecans and onion to the kale, tossing to combine. Add more dressing to taste.
- Refrigerate leftovers.