Pineapple sweetens tart grapefruit in this pretty and easy-to-make cocktail.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 3 hoursDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- ⅔ cup sugar, divided
- 2 red grapefruit
- 5 cups grapefruit juice
- 1 can (20 oz.) pineapple tidbits, with juice
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 vanilla pod, split lengthwise
- 2 cups ginger ale
- Wet the rims of eight glasses with the lime wedges. Dip the rims of the glasses into ⅓ cup sugar.
- Peel grapefruit and chop. Combine the remaining ⅓ cup sugar, chopped grapefruit, grapefruit juice, canned pineapple with its juice, lemon juice, and vanilla pod in large pitcher. Cover and chill for 2–3 hours.
- Add ginger ale and stir. Strain into prepared cocktail glasses and serve.