The combination of mint and chocolate is irresistible in these cupcakes finished with a whipped cream frosting.
Serves: 24Cook: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 box vanilla cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup hot fudge, slightly warmed
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup plus 1 Tbsp. of crème de menthe
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line 24 baking cups with cupcake liners; set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together cake mix, milk, butter, eggs and ¼ cup crème de menthe. Divide into muffin cups. Bake 14-16 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from pan; cool completely.
- Spread a generous teaspoon of hot fudge on each cupcake. Allow fudge to cool completely before frosting.
- Combine cream cheese, sugar and 1 Tbsp. of crème de menthe in bowl. Beat at medium speed until creamy. Slowly add whipping cream, beating until stiff peaks form. Frost cupcakes.
- Refrigerate leftovers.