Greek Chicken Lemon Soup
This light creamy soup is perfect to accompany a heavier meal.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 4 eggs
- 4 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- Thin slices of whole lemon, seeded, for garnish
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil, for serving
- In a medium-size saucepan, bring the chicken stock to a boil.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs with a whisk until they are frothy, then add the lemon juice.
- Slowly ladle 2 cups of the hot chicken stock into the egg mixture, whisking constantly. Pour the egg mixture back into the remaining stock, whisking over low heat until the soup thickens. This will take about 4 minutes. Serve in warm bowls garnished with a slice of lemon, and a drizzle of olive oil.