Greek Chicken and Quinoa Salad
Quinoa is a powerful grain, loaded with fiber, iron, and magnesium. Here, quinoa is paired with juicy chicken and fresh vegetables for a healthy, protein- and fiber-loaded salad.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 cups gluten-free chicken broth
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups uncooked quinoa
- 3 lbs. cooked chicken breast, shredded
- 2 large red onions, peeled and diced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1½ Tbsp. gluten-free Greek seasoning
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- Bring chicken broth and garlic to a boil in a large saucepan over high heat. Reduce to medium-low and stir in quinoa. Cover and cook until all of the liquid has been absorbed, about 15 minutes. Scrape the quinoa into a large bowl.
- Mix in chicken, onions, bell pepper, cucumber, tomatoes, parsley, cilantro, and cheese.
- In a small bowl, whisk the olive oil, vinegar, Greek seasoning, and lemon juice together. Pour over the salad and serve immediately.