Greek Eggplant Spread
Melitzanosalata is the Greek name for this creamy eggplant spread. Serve with pita bread triangles and olives.
Serves: 16Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 5 hoursDifficulty: Easy
- 1 medium eggplant (1 lb.)
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and pressed
- 1 Tbsp. plain yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. pepper
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 tsp. dried oregano
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Prick the eggplant all over the skin with a fork and then bake it on a sheet pan for about 45 minutes, until it is soft. Let cool and then scoop the insides into a food processor. Discard the skin.
- Purée the eggplant and then add the garlic, yogurt, lemon juice, olive oil, and seasonings. Pulse the food processor to combine everything.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and refrigerate 4 hours to let the flavors mingle.