Greek Orzo Salad
Some of the best salad combinations originated in the Greek Isles. This medley of fresh greens, feta cheese, lemon zest and orzo pasta is no exception!
Serves: 4Prep: 10 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutes
- 2 cups Simple Truth™ Organic™ Baby Spinach
- 8 ounces orzo pasta
- 1 tablespoon Simple Truth Organic™ Unfiltered Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1⁄2 white onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon zest of lemon
- 1⁄2 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Grape Tomatoes, halved
- Coarse salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Place spinach in colander. Cook orzo according to package directions. Drain orzo and water through colander with spinach in it.
- In pot over medium heat, cook onion in oil, stirring occasionally, until translucent, about 4 minutes. Add garlic and cook about one minute, stirring, until fragrant. Turn off heat.
- Add orzo mixture back into cooking pot. Stir in feta, lemon zest, grape tomatoes and salt and pepper to combine. Serve warm or chilled.