Greek Pasta Salad
This colorful orzo salad is full of crunchy textures from the peppers and onion and briny flavors from the feta cheese, olives and dressing. This salad would also be great made with rice instead of orzo.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- ½ tsp. plus 1 Tbsp. salt
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh oregano
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 box (16 oz.) orzo
- 1 small red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded, and chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, seeded, and chopped
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, seeded, and chopped
- ¼ cup chopped sundried tomatoes
- 1 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1 tsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- In large bowl, combine garlic and ½ teaspoon salt; work together with back of spoon until a paste forms. Gradually whisk in olive oil until smooth. Stir in lemon juice, vinegar, oregano, and black pepper. Set aside.
- In a large stockpot over high heat, bring 6 quarts of water to a boil. Add 1 tablespoon salt and orzo. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 9 minutes. Drain well and immediately add to bowl with the dressing. Toss well. Add the remaining ingredients and toss well again. Serve warm or chilled.