Greek-Style Flank Steak
Serve some chimichurri sauce over this delicious steak.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 3 hours 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 4 scallions, trimmed and chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1⁄3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 Tbsp. fresh thyme leaves
- 2 Tbsp. fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. salt, divided
- 3⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper, divided
- 1 large flank steak (2 lbs.)
- 3 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- In a food processor, process the olive oil, garlic, scallions, mustard, vinegar, bay leaves, thyme, rosemary, oregano, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper. Thoroughly incorporate the ingredients in the marinade.
- Rub the steak with the marinade and place in a medium baking dish. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours. Return the steak to room temperature before grilling. Wipe most of the marinade off the steak and season with remaining salt and pepper.
- Preheat the gas or charcoal grill to medium-high. Brush the grill surface to make sure it is thoroughly clean. When the grill is ready, dip a clean tea towel in the vegetable oil and wipe the grill surface with the oil. Place the meat on the grill and grill for 4 minutes a side.
- Let the steak rest for 5 minutes before serving.