Greek-Style Mussel Salad
This high-protein salad will provide a luscious dining experience. Serve it on your terrace or patio with a soft breeze cooling your face, and feel like you’re in Greece.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. grated lemon zest
- ⅔ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. chopped mint or 1 Tbsp. dried mint
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 tsp. cracked coriander seeds
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 large egg
- 2 lbs. fresh mussels, steamed, drained, and shelled
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes, cored and diced
- ½ bunch green onions, chopped
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 2 Tbsp. capers
- Purée the lemon juice, lemon zest, olive oil, mint, oregano, garlic, coriander, salt, pepper, and egg in a blender. Pour them into a large bowl.
- Stir in the mussels, tomatoes, and green onions. Chill or serve at room temperature over the greens with capers sprinkled on top.