Greek Village Salad
An authentic Greek salad contains no lettuce of any kind. Use the best extra-virgin olive oil in your pantry for this dish. Resist using any kind of vinegar; the acidity from the tomatoes is enough.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 medium-size ripe tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1⁄2 English cucumber, halved and sliced into 1⁄2-inch slices
- 1 medium cubanelle (green) pepper, stemmed, seeded, halved, and cut into slices
- 1 small red onion, peeled, halved, and thinly sliced
- 1⁄8 tsp. salt
- 1⁄3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups cubed feta cheese
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 8 Kalamata olives
- On a serving plate, arrange tomatoes and cucumbers. Next add peppers and onions. Season vegetables with salt.
- Drizzle oil over the vegetables. Top with feta and sprinkle with oregano.
- Finally, top the salad with the olives and serve at room temperature.