Greek Yogurt Cake
Greek yogurt not only makes this cake moist, it adds a pleasant tanginess to the crumb.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup plus 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter, divided
- 3 cups plus 1 Tbsp. all-purpose flour, divided
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 1⁄4 cups light brown sugar
- 8 oz. plain lowfat Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan with 1 tablespoon of butter. Dust with a tablespoon of flour and tap out excess.
- In a large bowl, beat together the eggs, brown sugar, and butter until creamy. Mix in the yogurt, vanilla, and milk. In a separate bowl, whisk together 3 cups of flour, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg. Stir into the wet ingredients.
- Pour into the prepared Bundt pan.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes, or until a knife stuck into the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes before removing from the pan to cool completely.