Green Bean Casserole with Pancetta & Rosemary
Diced pancetta, fresh rosemary and Pecorino Romano cheese elevate this family favorite to irresistible new heights.
- 4 ounces pancetta, diced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary leaves
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 4 cups cooked, fresh whole green beans
- 2 tablespoons shaved Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1 small onion, chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 can (10 3/4 oz.) Campbell’s® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup (Regular, 98% Fat Free or Healthy Request®)
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 1⁄3 cups French's® French Fried Onions
- Heat a 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Add the pancetta and cook for 3 minutes or until almost crisp, stirring occasionally. Add the onion and 1/2 tsp. rosemary and cook until the onion is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Stir the pancetta mixture, soup, milk, soy sauce, 1 dash ground black pepper, beans and 2/3 cup onions in a 1 1/2-quart casserole.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the bean mixture is hot and bubbling. Stir the bean mixture. Sprinkle with the remaining onions.
- Bake 5 more minutes or until onions are golden brown. Sprinkle with the cheese and remaining rosemary before serving.