Green Bean Skillet Casserole
Green beans are covered in a creamy mushroom sauce and topped with a crumbly crust for a keto-friendly dish that’ll impress everyone at the table.
Serves: 6Prep: 20 minutesCook: 35 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 onion, chopped
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced and divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup canned coconut milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed and halved
- 1⁄4 cup almond flour
- 1 tablespoon dried onion seasoning
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In large skillet over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Once hot, cook onion until softened. Add 6 ounces mushrooms; cook until browned. Add garlic; continue cooking 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add broth, cream, coconut milk, salt and pepper. Continue cooking 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Carefully transfer to bowl. Use immersion blender to blend until smooth.
- Stir green beans into mushroom mixture.
- Meanwhile, in 9” cast iron skillet over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Once hot, add 2 ounces mushrooms. Cook until browned. Stir in green bean mixture.
- In small bowl, stir together almond flour, dried onion and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Stir until crumbly. Sprinkle over skillet mixture.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, until golden.
- Serve and refrigerate leftovers.