Green Beans with Almonds
For this recipe, choose raw slivered almonds. Roasted varieties often contain added salt, sugar, or refined oils.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 6 cups water
- 1½ lbs. green beans, trimmed and washed
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- Bring water to a boil in a large stockpot over high heat. Once water is boiling, reduce heat to medium-high and add green beans and cook until beans are soft but still crisp and bright green, about 3 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add almonds and sauté 5 minutes or until lightly toasted. Transfer almonds to a paper-towel-lined plate with a slotted spoon.
- Add garlic to oil in pan and sauté until fragrant, about 3 minutes. Toss green beans and almonds in pan along with salt and pepper. Mix until combined.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately.