Green Beans with Bacon and Pearl Onions
Fresh green beans should never be overcooked. They should retain their bright green color.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 lb. bacon
- 18 pearl onions
- 1 lb. fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 cup water
- 1 Tbsp. tarragon vinegar
- 1⁄4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Fry the bacon in a large skillet. When crispy, remove bacon and place on paper towels to drain, reserving bacon fat in the pan.
- Fry pearl onions in bacon fat until crisp-tender and golden brown.
- Combine beans and water in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Drain well.
- Combine the beans with the onions and crumble bacon over top. Stir in vinegar and pepper. Toss until well combined.