Green Beans with Orange Peppers
You can buy frozen julienned green beans or frozen cut green beans. The color combination of the deep green beans and the bright orange peppers is very festive.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cups frozen green beans
- 1 orange bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. dried thyme leaves
- In heavy saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion; cook until onion is tender (about 4 minutes), stirring frequently.
- Meanwhile, prepare green beans as directed on package and drain well. Add orange bell pepper to saucepan with onions; cook and stir for 2–4 minutes, until tender. Add beans, lemon juice, salt, and thyme leaves; stir gently and cook until hot, about 2–3 minutes longer. Serve immediately.