Green Beans with Pancetta and Breadcrumbs
Dress up your everyday green beans with pancetta, breadcrumbs, and fresh sage.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 2 lbs. green beans, trimmed
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 oz. pancetta, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 tsp. minced fresh sage
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt, divided
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup coarse breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp. grated lemon zest
- Fill a large saucepan with water and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Add green beans to pot, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender-crisp, about 4 minutes. Drain green beans and set aside.
- Heat olive oil to a large pan over medium-high heat. Add pancetta and cook until crisp, about 3 minutes. Transfer pancetta to a paper towel to blot excess oil.
- Add garlic, sage, 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, pepper, and breadcrumbs to the pan with the pancetta drippings and olive oil. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly, until the breadcrumbs start to brown. Add crisped pancetta and lemon zest to the pan. Sprinkle over the hot green beans and season with remaining salt. Serve hot.