Green Beans with Shallots
Use fresh green beans, which are available in abundance all year long.
Serves: 5Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. green beans, ends trimmed
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- ⅓ cup shallots, sliced (about 3 large)
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the green beans in a large pot of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold running water until the green beans are no longer warm; drain again. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Melt the butter in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shallots, and sauté until the shallots are tender, about 5 minutes. Add the green beans and toss until heated through, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer the green beans to a serving platter and serve immediately.