Green Chickpea Soup
Getting its green color from the spinach, broccoli, and leeks, this soup gives green pea soup a run for its money!
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup broccoli spears, chopped
- 1 leek, cleaned and chopped
- 2 cups soaked chickpeas
- 4 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 cups spinach leaves, chopped
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- In a large pot over medium heat, bring the water, broccoli, leek, chickpeas, and garlic to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer 15 minutes.
- Add the spinach leaves and black pepper, and continue to cook for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- With an immersion blender, emulsify the ingredients until well-blended, and no bits remain.