Green Chile Mini Empanadas
Crescent rolls cut down on the prep time of these cream cheese-stuffed empanadas, but not the flavor!
- 1 package (8 oz.) crescent-style dinner rolls
- 2 cans (4 oz.) diced green chiles
- 1 1⁄3 cups bread crumbs
- 1 jar salsa
- 2 packages (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened and cut in half
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 package (1.25 oz.) taco seasoning mix
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease baking sheet.
- Separate dough into four 3x6-inch rectangles on cutting board; press seams closed.
- Spread half block cream cheese onto each rectangle; top each rectangle with a half can of chiles.
- Fold rectangles in half lengthwise; cut each into eight pieces.
- Combine milk and egg in small bowl.
- Combine breadcrumbs and seasoning mix in a shallow dish.
- Dip each bite into milk mixture; roll in breadcrumb mixture. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with salsa.