Green Chili Sauce
Use as a green sauce for tacos, enchiladas, or any other dish.
Serves: 16Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup fresh green chilies, roasted
- 1 cup canned tomatillos with juice
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1⁄4 cup canned chopped jalapeño peppers, drained
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- Remove the skin, stems, and seeds from the green chilies.
- Combine the chilies, tomatillos with their juice, parsley, onion, garlic, jalapeños, salt, and pepper in a blender or food processor; purée.
- Heat the oil in a medium-sized frying pan over medium heat. Add the sauce and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly.