Green Chilies and Egg Soufflé
Excluding the egg yolks from this soufflé helps to reduce saturated fat for a lighter and healthier breakfast.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 cup egg whites
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 3 Tbsp. diced green chilies
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Spray a pie plate with nonstick cooking spray and coat with 1⁄4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- In a small skillet, melt butter over high heat. Add chilies and salt. Cook until tender. Remove from heat and cool.
- Whip the egg whites to soft peaks, adding salt and pepper. Immediately fold remaining 1⁄4 cup Parmesan cheese, cottage cheese, and cooled chilies into the whites and spread into prepared pie plate. Place in the oven and bake for about 10 minutes until golden on top.