Green Herb Sauce
This sauce makes a delicious marinade for any meat. Simply marinate the meat in the sauce overnight before grilling, baking, or pan-frying it.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 anchovy filets
- 2 large lemons
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped white onion
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, mash the anchovy with the back of a spoon into a paste. Grate the zest from both lemons. Halve and squeeze juice into bowl. Mix together.
- Add the garlic and onion to the lemon mixture.
- Stir in the chopped cilantro, basil, and parsley. Add the olive oil, stirring until blended.
- Add the salt and pepper. Serve at room temperature.