Green Pea Soup
This rich and velvety soup will warm you from the inside out.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups gluten-free chicken stock
- 3 cups green peas
- 3⁄4 tsp. tarragon
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 4 tsp. sour cream
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a pot on medium, and add the onion and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes or until the onion is soft and translucent.
- Add the chicken stock, peas, and tarragon to the pot. Bring to a boil, and reduce to a simmer for 8 minutes.
- Remove the soup from the heat, allow it to cool slightly, and then purée the soup in a food processor or blender. Season the soup with the pepper.
- Pour the soup into 4 bowls and stir a teaspoon of sour cream into each one. Drizzle bowls with remaining olive oil.