Green Peas, Lima Bean, and Avocado Salad
Lima beans are wonderfully nutty and tender. In this special salad, they’re combined with avocado and arugula.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 4 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 package (16 oz.) frozen baby lima beans, thawed
- 1 package (16 oz.) frozen green peas, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 large red onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and grated
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 2 medium avocados, peeled, pitted, and chopped
- 2 cups baby arugula
- Drain the lima beans and peas and place them in a large bowl. In small bowl, combine oil, onion, garlic, vinegar, parsley, salt, pepper, and sour cream; mix well.
- Pour over lima beans and stir gently. Cover and chill for 4 hours before serving. Just before serving, toss with avocados and arugula.